Saturday, February 23, 2008

LITTLE BILLY FOUND HIS POISON


I used this painting to create a CD cover (below) for the band Billy Boy On Poison. I wrote the poem on the painting as a warning. If you see a green butterfly, please don't make it your friend. Eventually the fairy dust will kill you in so many different ways you won't even know you're dead.

this is on the painting:

"LITTLE BILLY FOUND HIS POISON" by Valerio Ventura
you came into my heart
spread green wings
and said you make it real
you gave me seven nights for free
i popped you before bed
i'm spinning dizzy
you are my hipnotic agent
i think i'm falling
this is happening so fast
you opened up the sky
this is better than my addiction
you are my butterfly
my severe reaction
your taste is unpleasant
it gives me a headache
i love you my green friend
you make me feel better
lets stay together
we'll leave our worries behind
i love you green butterfly
you blow my mind

Acrylic, Quill Pen, Black Ink on Strathmore Board and Wood
18x30
Price $2,600.00 SOLD

Promo CD Cover

Quill Pen, Black Ink on Strathmore Board
Photoshop: Red Color Superimposed
5x5
All rights reserved. Urbis ©2007 Valerio Ventura
Unauthorized duplication is a violation of applicable laws.